Ernesto Luna graduated from Roger Williams University School of Law and received a Juris Doctor degree in 1997. Prior to entering law school, Mr. Luna received a Bachelor of Science degree from Roger Williams in Administration of Justice.
Mr. Luna has extensive trial experience, which he gained as a Coast Guard attorney during eight years with the Coast Guard Judge Advocate General Corps. He also prosecuted and defended criminal cases, at the state level, as both a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Rhode Island and an Assistant Public Defender for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit. Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Luna served as a Providence Police Officer investigating homicide cases in Rhode Island. After sixteen years with the force, he retired as a detective.
Currently, Mr. Luna specializes in the areas of: Workers’ Compensation Law, Social Security Disability, Longshore and Harbor Workers Compensation Act, Personal Injury, Immigration, Family Law, and Bankruptcy. In addition to his established resume, Mr. Luna is fluent in Spanish.
State Courts: Florida, Rhode Island, District of Columbia.
- U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for Veteran Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Florida Middle District Bankruptcy Court
- Florida Northern District Bankruptcy Court
- Florida Southern District Bankruptcy Court
Practice Areas: Member:
- Brevard County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America