If you have been charged with any crime in Bradford County, it is important that you take it seriously and not let intimidation get the best of you. The first step, if you have been accused of a crime, is to schedule a consultation with an experienced Bradford County criminal defense lawyer who will analyze and evaluate the circumstances of your case and formulate a sound defense strategy that will help get an acquittal or get the charges reduced.
The Process of Finding the Right Defense Lawyer
A skilled Bradford County criminal attorney will provide you with a free initial consultation and case evaluation. At the same time, it is also important that you make an evaluation of the attorney and the law firm to determine if they are right for you. Some of the questions you should ask during your consultation include:
- Do you have experience handling cases similar to mine? – Many attorneys claim to have handled all types of cases in your city and county. Can your attorney discuss specifics regarding a recent case? You want an attorney with first-hand knowledge of cases that are similar to yours. It is also important that you retain the services of an attorney who has extensive knowledge of criminal defense law.
- How much of my case will you handle? – Many of the larger firms have teams of lawyers who will handle a number of cases at once. It is important to understand with whom you will be working. Are you comfortable with the attorney? How much time will he or she spend on your case?
- How often do you work toward plea agreements or alternative sentencing?– In many cases, the best option is to negotiate for lesser penalties. It may be possible to avoid jail time through participation in alcohol or drug rehabilitation programs or through community service. There are many different ways to handle a case in Bradford County. You want an attorney who will present a variety of options so you can make the decision that is right for you.
Experience On Your Side
An aggressive Bradford County criminal defense attorney will help you understand the severity of the charges you face and how to build an effective defense. You are likely facing more jail time and fines than you realize. There may even be professional consequences of a conviction that you may not have considered. An attorney can also help you understand all of the potential defenses, what plea bargains may be offered, and what you can expect after the trial is over.
The experienced Bradford County criminal defense lawyers at Musca Law are dedicated to protecting the rights of our clients and obtaining the best possible outcome. We understand that facing criminal charges can be overwhelming, which is why we are here to help you through the complex legal system. To obtain more information about building a defense and to discuss your case, please contact us for a free consultation.
Bradford County Criminal Defense Resources
- Bradford County Government Website
- Bradford County Clerk of Court
- Map of Bradford County
- Bradford County Sheriff’s Office 945-B Temple Ave Starke, FL 32091
- Criminal Defense Information Center
Starke FL Helpful Links
If you need legal assistance in Starke, contact a Bradford County Criminal Defense Attorney at Musca Law today!