Boating Under the Influence (BUI) Defense
BUI (boating under the influence) is a similar offense to DUI except that it involves a boat or other watercraft rather than an automobile. The consequences of a BUI offense can be very serious, including fines, imprisonment, community service, rehabilitation and more. To be guilty of this offense, the boat operator must have:
- A blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater; or
- Impaired mental/physical abilities due to alcohol or any controlled substance.
Law enforcement throughout the state is cracking down hard upon BUI offenders. If you or a loved one has been arrested for boating under the influence, contact a Florida criminal defense attorney at Musca Law today. We have over 100 years of combined legal experience and can utilize a team approach in defending your charges in order to provide the highest quality legal representation possible. We offer a free consultation with a BUI attorney at our firm, giving you a no-obligation opportunity to find out more about your charges and how we can help you fight them.
BUI Defense Lawyers in Florida
A BUI conviction may result in varied criminal penalties, including:
- First BUI Offense: $250 to $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in county jail.
- Second BUI Offense: $500 to $1,000 fine and/or up to 12 months in county jail.
- Third BUI Offense (within 10 years): up to $5,000 fine and up to 5 years in state prison.
You have the opportunity to avoid serious penalties if you act quickly and work with a skilled FL criminal defense lawyer. The legal team at Musca Law is standing by to see how we can help you fight your BUI charges and avoid imprisonment as well as heavy fines. We know that these charges are just as serious as drunk driving charges and therefore treat them with the same importance as we defend our clients’ rights through the entire criminal process.