Key West DUI LawyersMusca Law has been handling DUI defense in Key West for decades and we have lawyers who advise people charged with DUI every day. DUI charges should be taken seriously as a conviction can have lasting negative consequences. Accordingly, if someone has been arrested and charged with DUI in Key West or the surrounding area, they should be sure to consult with an experienced Key West DUI Defense Attorney in order to protect their legal rights. At our firm, our legal professionals have extensive experience helping clients craft effective defenses against their DUI charges, including:
- DUI First Offense
- DUI Second Offense
- Third, Fourth, or Subsequent DUI
- Underage DUI
- Felony DUI
- DUI Manslaughter
- Drug-Related DUI
- Commercial Driver’s License DUI
- Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
DUI Attorneys in Key West – Driving Under the Influence (DUI) [Florida Statute 316.193Florida Statutes Section 316.193 governs driving under the influence offenses in Key West Florida. According to the law, someone can be charged with DUI if certain factors and circumstances exist. For instance, whether they are arrested and charged with DUI can depend on:
- Whether the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) is .08 percent or more.
- Whether they were are impaired to a degree by alcohol and/or drugs.
- Whether they are driving or in physical control of a vehicle at the time of the offense.
- Whether another individual was seriously injured or killed as a result of the offense.
- Whether property damage was a result of the offense.
- Whether there are any prior DUI convictions on your criminal record.
DUI Penalties Explained by Our Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys in Key West, FloridaThe penalties associated with a DUI conviction in Key West Florida can include jail time and fines, and the DMV can administratively suspend driving privileges. Some other consequences that an individual may face as a result of a DUI conviction are:
- The completion of a certain number of hours of community service.
- The completion of a substance abuse course.
- Mandatory use of an ignition interlock device.
- A period of time on probation.
- Impoundment of the vehicle involved for ten days.
DUI Convictions in Key West, FLA DUI conviction on the criminal record can also adversely affect someone’s ability to do certain everyday tasks such as renting an apartment, getting a job, or obtaining student financial aid.
A second DUI conviction within the five years of your first offense can mean even harsher penalties, including a mandatory minimum jail sentence of ten days. If there are certain aggravating factors present such as a high blood alcohol concentration or a minor was in the vehicle at the time of the offense, they may be subject to more serious penalties, including any punishment that an individual might receive for a felony DUI.
Felony Drunk Driving Attorneys in Key West, FlDUIs in Key West are generally considered misdemeanor offenses. Our experienced attorneys want people to know that in some instances people can be charged with a felony offense. An individual can be charged with a felony DUI if:
- The offense is the third DUI within five years;
- The offense is the fourth or subsequent DUI;
- The offense either severely or fatally injures someone else.