Daytona Beach DUI LawyersAt Musca Law we have experienced Daytona Beach DUI attorneys who are dedicated to educating and defending people charged with DUI. Individuals who have been charged with a drunk driving offense in the Daytona Beach or in Volusia County can learn about the law from our DUI lawyers. In order to preserve and protect the person’s legal rights after the arrest, we believe a person should consult an experienced Daytona Beach drunk driving defense lawyer to discuss the specifics of the case. Our Daytona Beach DUI defense law firm has many years of experience representing clients throughout the state of Florida and Daytona Beach for driving under the influence cases such as:
- First-Time DUI Offense
- Second DUI Offense
- Third and Subsequent DUI Offenses
- Felony DUI
- DUI Manslaughter
- Drug-Related DUI
- Underage DUI
- Commercial Driver’s License DUI
- Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
Daytona Beach DUI DefenseThe advice from our Daytona Beach DUI lawyers to people who have been arrested and charged with DUI in the Daytona Beach area, regardless of whether it is their first offense or a felony, it is important that you consult with a Daytona Beach DUI defense attorney as soon as possible. A DUI conviction on a person’s record can have lasting negative impacts. Learn more about your options by consulting an attorney.
Daytona Beach DUI Lawyers – Driving Under the Influence in Daytona Beach (DUI) [Florida Statute 316.193]Daytona Beach defense lawyers at Musca Law think that Florida Statutes Section 316.193 provides the elements of a drunk driving offense in Florida and sets forth the various factors that are considered when charging an individual with a DUI, including:
- The blood alcohol concentration or BAC of the alleged offender. In Daytona Beach Florida, the legal limit is .08 percent.
- Whether the alleged offender was impaired by drugs, alcohol, or both.
- Whether the alleged offender was driving or in physical control of a vehicle at the time of the offense.
- Whether the offense caused property damage.
- Whether another individual was seriously or fatally injured.
- Whether the alleged offender has a history of DUIs.
Dedicated DUI Defense Attorneys in Daytona Beach, FloridaIn Daytona Beach Florida, upon conviction for driving under the influence, an individual can face a variety of criminal and administrative penalties that can include fines, jail time, and suspension of driving privileges. Other adverse consequences that go along with a criminal record can include an inability to obtain student financial aid, professional licensure suspension, the loss of a job, and even the inability to rent an apartment. Penalties associated with a first-time DUI offense can also include:
- A substance abuse course.
- Vehicle impoundment.
- Mandatory use of an ignition interlock device.
- Community service.
Daytona Beach Felony DUI Defense LawyersIn Daytona Beach Florida, many DUI offenses are considered misdemeanors, but there are some situations that might warrant felony DUI charges. It is possible to be charged with felony DUI if:
- The DUI is the third within five years;
- It is someone’s fourth or subsequent DUI;
- An individual is severely injured or dies as a result of the DUI.
In Daytona Beach Florida, there is also another felony DUI offense known as DUI manslaughter which occurs if someone dies as a result of a DUI. While DUI manslaughter is typically considered a second-degree felony, it can be charged as a first-degree felony if the person leaves the scene of the accident. A first-degree felony DUI conviction can result in up to thirty years in prison.