A Driver passed 2 lighted police cruisers at a traffic stop and failed to slow down. One Officer followed the Driver and pulled him over for failing to reduce his speed. The Officer noticed the Driver was violently shaking and sweating. It took the Driver well over a minute to remove his license from his wallet. The Officer requested that the driver exit the vehicle. After talking to Police, the Driver admitted that he stashed marijuana in his pocket. The Officer confiscated the drugs and arrested the Driver for Possession of Marijuana.
Possession of Marijuana
In the state of Florida, possession of marijuana under 20 grams is a misdemeanor while anything over 20 grams is a felony. The first-degree misdemeanor charge has penalties of up to one year in jail, one year of probation, and a fine of $1,000. Penalties for a third-degree felony include up to five years in prison, five years probation, and a fine of $5,000. A felony charge will also give the offender a level 3 offense on the Florida Criminal Punishment Code.
Anyone that has been charged with possession of marijuana will have their driver’s license or driving privileges revoked for one year by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV).
What To Look For in a Drug Possession Attorney
If you have been charged with drug possession, you will need an experienced attorney. Be sure to look for an attorney who:
- Has an excellent track record. Look for one that has won a good majority of their court cases.
- Has great communication skills. You do not want an attorney that will not get back to you.
- Has a passion for the law and their job. You most certainly do not want a lawyer that is just there to get paid. Find one that will be truly interested in helping you out.
- Has confidence. Find a lawyer or firm that has confidence that they are the best in what they do.
- Has a team of attorneys and other staff. The best attorneys have a team that they work with to compare notes and to work out the most strategic defenses.
Musca Law Firm
If you are looking for a drug possession attorney, Musca Law Firm can assist you. Our law firm fits every single one of the criteria listed above and much more. We will work with you to find the best possible outcome for you with your case. In many of our cases, we have had the charges reduced significantly or completely dropped.
Musca Law Firm has several locations in Florida. We offer a free initial consult and answer our phones 24 hours a day. Please call us at (888) 484-5057 to schedule your appointment today.
RESULT: The Musca Law Defense Attorney filed motions to prevent case details from being submitted into evidence by the Prosecution. The Defense prevailed and the Court found NO FORMAL FINDING OF GUILT on the Possession of Marijuana charge.