Dui Arrest; Caught Speeding & Arrested for DuiNo Dui Conviction!
The Defendant was stopped for speeding and drifting between lanes. The arresting Officer reported the Defendant smelled of alcohol, had bloodshot eyes, staggered and swayed while walking. The Defendant refused sobriety testing and was placed under arrest for DUI.
Signs of a DUI
A Law enforcement officer looks for many signs when they feel someone could have been driving while under the influence. These include:
While Driving a Vehicle:
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving with no headlights
- Equipment violations
- Following too closely
- Not using a turn signal
- Running red lights or traffic signals
- Driving too slowly or using excessive speed
- Driving down a one-way street in the wrong direction
- Expired license plate decals
While Being Pulled Over:
- The smell of alcohol or drugs coming from the breath of the person driving a vehicle or from the car itself
- Slurred speech
- Jerky movements
- Inappropriate behavior
- Leaning on the vehicle for support
- Having trouble handing the officer the driver’s license, registration, or other information
- Not making sense when they talk
- Inability to follow directions
- Slow to respond to any questions
- Bloodshot eyes
- Watery eyes
- Trouble exiting the vehicle if asked to do so
- Flushed face
- Dirty clothes that are disheveled
- General confusion
- Awkward movements
- Fine motor skill issues
- Admissions of drinking alcohol prior to driving
There are many penalties for DUI, even for a first-time offender.
For starters, you will have fines that are anywhere from $500 to $2,000. However, if your blood alcohol level is .15% or higher, these fines will increase to $2,000 to $4,000.
A judge will also decide if you should be imprisoned. If you do receive jail time, it will not be any longer than 6 months for a first offense.
Community service is also given- 50 hours must be completed. Some judges may allow the person to buy off the community service at a rate of $10+ per hour. However, judges are not required to do this.
Your car will also be impounded for 10 days.
Probation will last for up to one year.
You will also lose your driver’s license.
We Negotiate For You
If you have been placed under arrest for a DUI charge, you need a skilled lawyer that is not afraid to negotiate for you. Musca Law Firm is that firm. We will always have a strong defense for your case and be willing to expose the weaknesses of the prosecution.
All of our attorneys are experienced in fighting tough cases. We have over 150 years of combined legal experience, and we are not afraid to utilize it on your behalf. This allows our firm to get the best results for you. Please call us at (888) 484-5057 to set up your free initial consultation. We answer our phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We look forward to hearing from you.
RESULT: After aggressive negotiations with the Prosecutor, the State agreed to DISMISS the DUI charge and the Defendant entered a plea to a lesser charge.