MIAMI, FL – According to a news report posted on, the suspect in the fatal shooting aboard a Miami-Dade County transit bus in October has been found and is in police custody. 

The Miami police announced that the suspect, who can be seen committing the murder on the Miami-Dade County transit bus video cameras, has been charged with second degree murder for the murder of a 33-year-old man.

According to terrified eyewitnesses, the suspect was hanging halway out of a Miami-Dade County transit bus.  Law enforcement investigators working the murder case stated that they received a phone call from the area of Northwest 36th Street and 30th Avenue.  The poliec arrived and discovered the victim hanging halfway outside the Miami-Dade County transit bus. The fatal shoting occurred on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at around 7 p.m. in Miami.

Miami Fire Rescue crews arrived at the scene and declared the victim dead at the crime scene.

Miami investigators stated that the shooting began when the shooter and the victim started arguing with each other as they were riding in Miami-Dade County transit bus. As the victim attempted to leave the Miami-Dade County transit bus, the suspect fatally gunned the victim down in front of the other bus occupants, and then the suspect fled along Northwest 36th Street in a westbound direction. 

The entire argument and shooting was recorded on the bu's video surveillance cameras located throughout the bus. The video helped law enforcement identify the shooter. 

Eyeitnesses, who were working closeby, stated that the Miami-Dade County transit bus was moving unsually slow down the road.

One witness stated, “We saw the bus and all of a sudden it’s swamped with officers.”  The witness also stated, "It was crazy. We were just like, ‘What’s going on?’ We were all scared.”

The Miami Police Department obtained an arrest warrant for the suspect for murdering the victim. On November 13, 2020, Atlanta Police Department detectives executed a fugitive arrest warrant for the suspect for another shooting that happened on September 19, 2020, in Atlanta, Georgia.  According to the Atlanta Police, the suspect surrendered “peacefully” to law enforcement officers and the man was taken into police custody.