DRIVER FELL ASLEEP AT TRAFFIC LIGHT FELONY ARRESTFOR HABITUAL DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED DROPPED!Dropped!
The Police made contact with the Defendant because he fell asleep at a traffic light. The Defendant was arrested for Felony Habitual Driving While License Suspended or Revoked.
Felony Habitual Driving While License Suspended or Revoked
A habitual driver is defined as a person who has a record with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles who has had three or more convictions within the past five years.
These convictions include:
- Voluntary/involuntary manslaughter when operating a vehicle
- Driving a commercial vehicle with a suspended license
- Failing to stop and render aid at the scene of an accident
- DUI (driving under the influence)
- Any felony committed where a vehicle was used
An exception to the rule of three or more convictions is:
- 15 or more traffic violations where points were accessed on the driver’s license
Those that are charged as habitual drivers face having their driver’s license suspended for five years. Prison time could also result due to this charge, lasting up to five years. There could also be a fine imposed of $5,000.
Noelle Prosse is a term that means “be unwilling to pursue” in Latin. This can translate as “do not prosecute” in English. It is used by plaintiffs that want to drop cases. It can be made before the trial begins or during a trial. The court can challenge this application if they desire, but they rarely dol.
Reasons that a prosecution will use Noelle Prosse include the following:
- The prosecution has decided that their case is too weak. They were unable to obtain enough evidence to support it.
- The prosecution knows deep down that the defendant is not guilty of what they are being charged with.
- If the defendant’s innocence has already been proved, Noelle Prosse will be applied.
- If the defendant has passed away, Noelle Prosse can be used.
Musca Law Firm Services
If you have been charged with any criminal offenses, it is in your best interest to obtain legal services as soon as possible. Musca Law has extensive experience in dealing with various criminal activities. Our firm has over 150 combined years of legal experience between all our attorneys. We want to see you walk away with the best possible outcome of having your charges either reduced or dismissed entirely. Our firm goes above and beyond to develop a strong and strategic defense for your case. We negotiate as hard as we can with the prosecution and will not settle for anything less than the best outcome on your behalf. Please call our office today at (888) 484-5057 to schedule a free, no-obligation initial case consultation with one of our experienced attorneys today. We accept phone calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We serve all of Florida and have offices located in various cities for your convenience.
RESULT: The Musca Law Defense Attorney aggressively negotiated on behalf of the Defendant. The State issued a Nolle Prosse on the Felony Driving While License Suspended or Revoked and DROPPED the charge!