- Boating Under the Influence
- Breath Test Errors
- Disorderly Intoxication
- DUI Accidents
- DUI Checkpoints
- DUI FAQ
- DUI Information Center
- DUI Penalties
- DUI with Injuries
- DUI with Manslaughter
- DUIs for Commercial Drivers
- Felony DUIs
- How to Beat a DUI
- Ignition Interlock Requirements
- License Revocation Hearings
- Multiple DUIs
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
Florida DUI Manslaughter Attorney
Defend Your Rights with 150+ Years’ Collective Experience
Any traffic accident that results in a fatality is a tragic and unfortunate incident for all the parties involved. When DUI charges are involved as well, the penalties skyrocket. Many of our clients who have been arrested for DUI manslaughter are faced with life-altering choices and situations.
If you find yourself in this situation, you will be facing aggressive prosecution that may result in devastating consequences. It is of utmost importance to retain the experience of a skilled Florida DUI manslaughter lawyer from Musca Law to help you defend your name and fight for the best possible outcome on your behalf.
Penalties for DUI Manslaughter in Florida
Depending on the circumstances, as well as whether or not this is a repeat incident, penalties for DUI manslaughter can be incredibly severe. In fact, the minimum prison sentence for a DUI manslaughter conviction is four years.
In the state of Florida, basic DUI manslaughter penalties are as follows:
- DUI Manslaughter: This is considered a Second Degree Felony and is punishable by a maximum $10,000 fine and a maximum 15 year imprisonment.
- DUI Manslaughter/Leaving the Scene: If a driver is convicted of DUI manslaughter who knew or should have reasonably known that an accident took place and refused or failed to release information or lend help in the situation, he or she may be guilty of a First Degree Felony. This carries a maximum fine of $10,000 and a maximum of 30 years in prison.
Additionally, a DUI manslaughter conviction may result in lost driving privileges or a criminal conviction that can’t be expunged from your criminal record.
We are Available 24/7 to Take Your Calls. Contact Us Today!
Protect your rights and fight for your best interests with the help of a Florida DUI manslaughter attorney from Musca Law. With over 150 years of collective experience, our firm can handle a wide variety of charges. We take the time to get to know our clients and to understand their case. This enables us to provide an accurate, effective defense of their rights while exploiting the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case.