CAPE CORAL, FL (LEE COUNTY)- According to a criminal news report posted on, a man from Cape Coral was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. The suspect remains in Lee County Jail following a dangerous confrontation with Cape Coral SWAT and Cape Coral police officers. The incident occurred in the 900 block of Gleason Parkway, Cape Coral, Florida, at approximately 12:00 in the morning. The 33-year-old Cape Coral man will be arraigned on January 25, 2020, for the aggravated assault charges. 

At approximately 9:30 p.m., Cape Coral police officers responded to the scene of a crime in progress. According to the caller, the suspect pointed a rifle at him and may have discharged the rifle into the victim's ceiling. As the Cape Coral police officers arrived at the residence, the victim fled his residence and made contact with the responding police officers. The suspect stated that someone else was inside the residence with the suspect, and the suspect was armed with a loaded rifle and was wearing a ballistic helmet with a bulletproof vest.  

The victim stated that the supsect often took illegal drugs including fentanyl. The suspect proportedly stated that he calls himself satan and that he speaks to God, according to the report. The victim stated that the suspect stayed awake for three days straight prior to the police standoff.

Police said the suspect threatened his roommate with a rifle prior to barricading himself inside the Cape Coral residence. The caller stated that the suspect also threatened to shoot and kill Cape Coral police officers.

The SWAT team and Cape Coral police officers executed a search warrant and swarmed the residence.

The Cape Coral police sent out an alert around 12:30 a.m. asking the public to avoid the area due to an armed, barricaded person. 

The suspect refused commands to exit the residence peacefully, nor did the suspect respond to the Cape Coral police's loudspeaker demands or phone calls. At one point, a green laser was pointed into one of the front windows.

The Cape Coral police's arrest report stated that the Cape Coral SWAT Team also used a lot of different tactics to try and make contact with the suspect to take the suspect into police custody safely and without anyone being shot or harmed.

Eventually, the officers determined that there were no other people inside the residence with the suspect as was initially reported by the caller. Fortunately, no one was harmed in the incident, according to Cape Coral Police Department. The Cape Coral police described the suspect as being dressed in a helmet, bulletproof vest, and a loaded .50-caliber rifle slung over his shoulder. The suspect also stated that he calls his rifle his "baby." The suspect has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill