- Boating Under the Influence
- Breath Test Errors
- Disorderly Intoxication
- DUI Accidents
- DUI Checkpoints
- DUI FAQ
- DUI Information Center
- DUI Penalties
- DUI with Injuries
- DUI with Manslaughter
- DUIs for Commercial Drivers
- Felony DUIs
- How to Beat a DUI
- Ignition Interlock Requirements
- License Revocation Hearings
- Multiple DUIs
- Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
Boating Under the Influence in Florida
Defend Your Rights with a Florida DUI Attorney
Law enforcement throughout the state is cracking down hard upon BUI offenders. If you or a loved one has been arrested for boating under the influence, contact a Florida criminal defense attorney at Musca Law today. We have over 150 years of combined legal experience and can utilize a team approach in defending your charges in order to provide the highest quality legal representation possible.
Begin your defense today. We are available 24/7 to guide you through your emergency!
BUI Defense Lawyers in Florida
Boating under the influence (BUI) is a similar offense to DUI except that it involves a boat or other watercraft rather than an automobile.
To be guilty of this offense, the boat operator must have either of the following:
- A blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater
- Impaired mental/physical abilities due to alcohol or any controlled substance
You have the opportunity to avoid serious penalties if you act quickly and work with a skilled Florida DUI lawyer. The consequences of a BUI offense can be very serious, including fines, imprisonment, community service, rehabilitation and more.
A BUI conviction may result in varied criminal penalties, including:
- First BUI Offense: $250 to $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in county jail
- Second BUI Offense: $500 to $1,000 fine and/or up to 12 months in county jail
- Third BUI Offense (within 10 years): up to $5,000 fine and up to 5 years in state prison
The legal team at Musca Law is standing by to see how we can help you fight your BUI charges and avoid imprisonment as well as heavy fines. We know that these charges are just as serious as drunk driving charges and therefore treat them with the same importance as we defend our clients’ rights through the entire criminal process. We offer a free consultation with a BUI attorney at our firm, giving you a no-obligation opportunity to find out more about your charges and how we can help you fight them.